I’m excited to do this bookish themed Naughty-or-Nice tag created by Jenniely! I wasn’t tagged, because I’m pretty new to the blogosphere, but I’ve had so much fun reading other people’s answers. What do you think I’ll be, then? A goody-two-shows, or a naughty, naughty girl?
Here are the rules for this tag:
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Mark off the ones on this list you’ve done.
- Tag more people!
1. Received and ARC (Advance Reader Copy) and not reviewed it X
Never! I’m a struggling author, and I know how much time and hope goes into writing and particularly into trying to get reviews for an ARC. I try to leave at least an honest review line, if that’s all I can do.
2. Have less than 60% rating on Netgalley ✔
I… don’t have one of those. Is that bad? Am I bad blogger now?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (but never did one.) X
4. Folded down the page of a book ✔
Yes, all the time, and I’m not a monster! … I can feel the wrath of all book lovers upon me. I swear it’s not a punishable crime.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book X
Nah, I don’t read next to food. I’m clumsy and I love wine. I’m basically a recipe for disaster, so I avoid it before it can happen.
6. DNF (did not finish) a book this year ✔
Yep. It used to make me feel terribly guilty, but there are so many books I want to read, that it feels worse to force myself to finish something I’m not enjoying.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ✔
You say that like it’s not something everyone does, right? Right?
8. Read while you’re supposed to be doing something else ✔
That’s what book lovers do, I suppose.
9. Skim read a book ✔
Yeah, I’ll usually skim read before I decide to completely put down a book I’m not enjoying.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ✔
Yeah, pretty much. I read a lot, but time is an issue and I’ve working like a beast this past year. I work as an IT Consultant, I’ve been writing my debut novel (+ some other ideas), and occasionally I do clean my house and stuff. I too have a family and a girlfriend, so yeah.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it X
12. Broke a book buying ban X
I’ve been good about this one this year, but then again, time issues…
13. Started a review, left it for ages, then forgot what the book was about X
I finished everything I started!
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ✔
I guess I mark up non-fiction a lot.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ✔
Yeah, it gets hard to keep up!
So I’m… almost good? That counts, right?